Aug 5, 2008

The Word is OUT!!!

So the word is out.. what could I be talking about you must be thinking. Well Richard and I are going to be parents. We're expecting our first little one. We finally told my side of the family and our church family. We broke the news last Wednesday and well our Pastor did a double take. It was actually funny to be honest. We just finished up our message on things that hinder your prayers and started on our prayer request for the week. Everyone mentioned theirs and well Richard waited till the very end before raising his hand. He was like and was very serious about it, he said. Can you pray for Candace and I as we're going to have our first child. I don't think Pastor heard him clearly but he did say.. "Are you serious?" It was funny. The entire church just went up in a great cheer. Then I was mobbed by all of the ladies of the church afterwards. But I must say I enjoyed breaking the news, now I don't feel so bad when they ask what's wrong I can just say "morning sickness."

Speaking of morning sickness.. oh has it got the best of me. I have not been able to keep much down these days. I eat because I have to then shortly after I'm heading for the porcelain goddess.. I've tried everything. I've tried royal jelly that Sunae said, I've tried unisom that helped my sister, crackers, preggie drops. You name it I've tried it. I have my first appt tomorrow so I'm hoping that the doctor can help me with this. Please pray that it doesn't last much longer. According to the doctors visit on July 11, I'm exactly 8 weeks today. So I'm slowly making my way through the first trimester. But that's it for now. I'm excited but not showing it because I just feel like "poop" these days. Richard is thrilled and can't keep from talking about it. He's ready for me to start showing so he can feel the baby and just love all over the tummy.. He's now in the habit of saying good night love, and good night jr. It's cute.

What are we having.. boy or girl.. you tell me what you think? Richard thinks a boy. Me I'm just hoping for a healthy baby regardless of the sex. Well I'll keep you posted with all of this. I have my first sonogram on Aug 25th. So once I get pics I'll post and tell you all the good details. Thanks for stopping in..

3 comments:

Valued & Vulnerable said...

We are so excited for you! You will be spoiled because we have ALL waited for this moment for you...mr and mrs. pokey!! Prayers going up for the morning sickness to go away!

Mrs. Pizo said...

Hang in there lady with the morning sickness. I am sure that you will find some more things to try to help ward off the sickness before it is gone. I never knew there were so many home remedies for morning sickness.

Huss Household said...

So Chris and I just found out yesterday. I am sooo excited for you guys. You guys were soo great with our little one, I knew you were ready, even if you did't. I know it is hard to show your excitement when you feel so rotten. Hang in there; I know it doesn't feel like it, but it will pass. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. I guess you'll be showing by the time we visit. YEAH!! Keep us posted.